This Job description is subject to revise and the position is likely to expand into coordination of other sectors, and not limited to housing.
As per the project requirements the position is full time based in the Districts and will involve regular travel to field sites.
Position Status: Full time staff – regular
Contract Period: Fixed term for six (6) Months
Responsibility / Scope of work
The Information Manager is responsible for leading overall communication mechanism to support and enhance the information management system for HRPP in Ramechhap / Rasuwa on behalf of GOAL Nepal. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Establish and Manage overall communication mechanism for HRPP in Ramechhap / Rasuwa in coordination with HRRP Kathmandu and GOAL team in Nepal
- Design and disseminate communication strategy to support enhance the HRPP information management in Ramechhap /Rasuwa.
- Support DFP to collect information and data regarding housing recovery and reconstruction situation in the district and provide detailed reporting to GOAL Team in Kathmandu
- Ensure the development, dissemination and adaptation as necessary of information management tools that meet HRRP-agreed standards;
- Support to DFP to prepare updated reports, 4W matrixes and contact lists on a bi-weekly basis in order to track service delivery, avoid overlapping and needs and gaps at the same time, and facilitating coordination between actors involved in housing sector.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Information Technology (IT), social science, or other related background
- Candidates must be strong on computers and proficient in the following computer packages: Advance MS Office package especially MS Excel , Website content management system, GIS software ( either QGIS or ARC GIS) and Cloud storage platform.( Drop box and Google drive) , Database management system (MY SQL or MS SQL) Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Experience in coordination an advantage
- Hands on experience in design disseminate communication strategy ,
- Knowledge and experience of carrying out lobby and advocacy, interaction sessions and workshops.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
- Experience in Cluster coordination and the management and facilitation of coordination meeting
- Good knowledge of inter-agency and cluster process.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities and local communities, as well as national and international institutions
- Both written and spoken English must be very strong
- Effective team player
- Resident in or experience of working in one of the Areas of Responsibility a bonus
- Must be willing to travel frequently to remote areas and spend prolonged periods in the field.
- Ability to work under pressure, in challenging environments;
- The ideal candidate is motivated and enthusiastic, organized and with good critical thinking. He/she will be able to work independently in an at times high-stress environment with shifting priorities.
To apply please visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/goalnepal
Please include a Cover Letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to this job description with subject line ‘Application for the Position - IM – Rasuwa’ OR ‘Application for the Position - IM – Ramechhap’. Please note – a Cover Letter should mention specifics as to your suitability to the position advertised
Deadline for application is 12th September 2016 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any question related to vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org